|9:00–9:30 AM||Arrival of Guests|
|9:30–9:45 AM||Opening Ceremony "Fan Dance" Performance by Chen Yan Zhen, the Founder of Samui International Dance Company|
|9:45–10:15 AM||[Guest Speaker]Ms.Annette Lu Hsiu-lien, Vice President of Republic of China (2000-2008)|
|10:15–10:30 AM||Certificate Presentation|
|10:30–10:40 AM||[Guest Speaker] Mr.Chang Tzi-Chin, Deputy Minister of Environmental Protection Administration|
|10:40–10:50 AM||[Guest Speaker] Dr.Yeh Kuang-Shih, Chairman of Asia Pacific Public- Private Partnership Construction (PPP) Development Association & Former Minister of Transportation and Communications|
|10:50–10:55 AM||[Speaker] Dato' Choong Yong Pang, The Founder and President of The Green World|
|10:55–11:00 AM||[Speaker] Mr. Andy Hou, The President of JCI Taiwan 2017|
|11:00–11:05 AM||[Speaker] Mr. Andy Tu, The President of JCI Taiwan 2010|
|11:05–11:35 AM||[Speaker] Datin Gao Yi Dan Title:"Protecting the Earth is Everyone’s Responsibility"|
|11:35–12:05 PM||[Speaker] Mr. Chin Chuan Shyong, The Vice President of The Green World Title:"Trees become a Symbol of Sustainability"|
|12:55–1:10 PM||Peacock Dance Performance by Chen Yan Zhen, the Founder of Samui International Dance Company|
|01:10–01:15 PM||Forum: Introduction of Guests|
|01:15–01:45 PM||[Guest Speaker] Chris Daniel Wong，Executive Director of Asia Pacific CSR Council & VP UN Global Compact Malaysia
Title: "Sustainable Development - Strategic Choices to Address Global Climate Change"
|01:45–02:15 PM||[Guest Speaker] Mr. Roger Wong, President of Asia Pacific Corporate Social Responsibility Counciland Ten Outstanding Young Persons (Singapore) Title: "Water, Water everywhere"|
|02:15–02:45 PM||[Guest Speaker] The Managing Editor of Eco-Business and Ten Outstanding Young Persons (Singapore) Title: "How Sustainability Adds Value to Business Growth"|
|04:00–04:10 PM||Certificate Presentation|
|04:10–05:00 PM||Lucky Draw, PhotographySession & Certificate Giving Ceremony|
Today, more than half of Earth’s rain forests have already been lost forever to the insatiable human demand for resources and arable land. In recent years, temperatures are rising to an all-time high since the Industrial Revolution due to impacts of global warming.
Think about this: What will happen to the Earth and its people, animals, plants, lands and oceans if we fail to successfully address the environmental issues we face today
As an environmental group, we bear heavier responsibilities in making sure a ‘green’ message can be sent out to the world, especially the corporate world. This year, we partnered with Asia Pacific CSR Council in THE GREEN WORLD CSR FORUM 2017, a one-day forum happening in Taipei, Taiwan. Aimed to raise critical CSR issues, this international event will discuss matters of importance of social responsibility in business, good governance, sustainability in business and how all these can contribute to a better world in line with the United Nations Global Company Goals and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Support for environmental causes has never been as relevant and important today when we are forced to face extreme weather and depreciating resources. Every bit of support, no matter big or small, is pivotal for our planet.
- To raise awareness of global warming and reduce environmental impacts by introducing various sustainable measures of recycling and eco-friendly activities;
- To provide a space for businesspersons to gather and learn about green lifestyle and the benefits of integrating this practice in their businesses;
- To serve as a platform for partners to fulfil their social corporate responsibilities;
- To collaborate and share resources with companies or organizations with the same goal in ensuring environmental sustainability;
- To highlight our eco-friendly objectives and to encourage other institutions to follow our lead in spearheading a greener environment;
- To promote CSR as a powerful tool to improve and strengthen corporate image and reputation;
- To provide a neutral and credible platform for companies to understand and engage in discussions on CSR;
- To facilitate exchange of experiences and ideas between various companies for developing a framework for strengthening of CSR indicatives;
We live in significant times. In 2015, the United Nations (UN) evolved the Millennium Development Goals by adopting the Sustainable Development Goals. In 2016, the UN formulated the Paris Climate Agreement and 194 nations had signed it by 2017.
As a global community, we are shaping our future to define a new “normal”. Business, a key partner in this process with both Governments and Civil Society, agrees today that the profit motive alone is an insufficient driver for the role it plays in delivering this agenda
This forum organised by the Asia Pacific CSR Council and partners will showcase why collaboration has emerged as the foundation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.